Written by Todd Starnes
The nation got to see the best and the brightest that the Republicans and Democrats had to offer last night at Hofstra University. Here are six takeaways from the debate:
1. Somebody forgot to tell the moderator that he was supposed to moderate and not debate Donald Trump. Lester Holt, of the Nobody But Clinton network, was clearly in the tank for Hillary Clinton. I suspect he was secretly auditioning to be her press secretary. Just tally the number of times Holt interrupted Trump and pressed him on follow up questions and then compare that number to Hillary’s. As we say in Dixie, Hillary got some home-cookin’.
2. Hillary Clinton does not hold the American people in high esteem. She previously referred to us as a “Basket of Deplorables” and irredeemable. But during the debate she accused us of having an “implicit bias” against African-Americans. She seems to believe the only way to redeem all of us gun-toting, Bible-clinging Deplorables is to shame us into submission.
3. If Donald Trump’s record on women is fair game, then so is Hillary’s. She needs to be called out for taking money from countries that treat women as second-class citizens. She needs to be called out for the terrible things she said about her husband’s “lady friends.” Hillary also took a swipe at Trump’s achievements. She said the only reason he was successful was because of his father. To be fair, Trump could argue that the only reason for Hillary’s success is because of her husband.
4. Trump needs to let go of the birther stuff – even if the Mainstream Media won’t. And he needs to either release his tax returns or come up with a better excuse for why he won’t.
5. There was no clear winner – but that does not mean Trump lost. In spite of the Mainstream Media’s disgusting narrative, millions of Americans tuned in to discover that Trump does not wear gold-lined bed sheets or burn crosses at Mar-a-Lago.
6. There is bipartisan agreement that Hillary should never do another shoulder shimmy on national television. Ever.